Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Day Juan Made Some Pasta : The Carbonara Chronicles Part 3



I was back at Dong Juan. Ready to try a new dish. 

After much deliberation, pasta won! And minutes later, Dong Juan's Linguini Carbonara was served in front of me. The homey smell coming from it was divine. I couldn't wait to try it!

And sure enough, it didn't disappoint. Dong Juan's Linguini Carbonara was made with perfectly cooked linguini pasta, drenched in the most sinful carbonara sauce I've ever tasted. Rich, creamy carbonara sauce with pieces of ham and meat, mushrooms, topped with a lot of shredded parmesan cheese, and parsley. 

However, it doesn't stop there. To my great surprise and definitely pleasure, I found slices of red chili pepper mixed in with the pasta. This, to me, made Dong Juan's Linguini Carbonara the most uniquely flavored carbonara pasta. 

It was rich, thick, and creamy, with a SPICY kick. 

Very savory, indeed. Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment