Monday, April 29, 2013

Mix and Match : The Sunday Luncheon Chronicles Part 9

Should I even say it? 

Oh, alright. Sunday. Lunch hour. Argument on where to eat. 

But this time, we couldn't make up our minds, so we ended up eating at the SM Foodcourt so we'll have a variety of mini restos to choose from.

From SUGBAHAN
-Bopis : A spicy, native Filipino dish consisting of pork lungs and heart, sauteed with onions, tomatoes, and chili. (I have thing for spicy dishes! lol)
-Lukot and Guso : Two of the best edible seaweeds found in the Philippines. Soaked in cane vinegar, and topped with fresh slices of tomatoes and red onions. (What can I say? I'm a native by heart.)
-Nilat-ang Baka : Or can also be called as Filipino Beef Stew in Clear Broth. It has cabbages and the pure flavor of beef from the beef stock used as a base for the stew.
-Calamares : Squid rings covered in crispy batter and deep fried to a nice golden brown color. (One of my fave appetizers!)
-Grilled Chorizo : Filipino-style chorizo. Nuff said. 

From KING WAH
-Quail Egg Siomai : My favorite Chinese dish topped with hard boiled quail egg. (It's been a big part of my student life! A lot of good times with my close friends happened over a plate of siomai. From when I was in high school, until I graduated college! Truly close to my heart.)

From TIKTILAOK
-Pork Liempo : A huge section of pork liempo or pork belly fried perfectly, and diced into bite size slices. 

We love our food, alright. 


No comments:

Post a Comment