Saturday, April 27, 2013

Just PORKin' around.

Ask any foreigner who has been to the Philippines what dish he loved the most, and he will tell you that it was the traditional Tagalog Pork Adobo or Adobong Baboy. It is basically slices of pork belly - usually small to medium in size - marinated and sauteed in soy sauce and vinegar with garlic and onions. 

Coming from a long line of Tagalog heritage, my mom loves to cook the best Tagalog dishes and incorporate her own style in them. So, I am very grateful to have grown up in such an atmosphere. 

Today, I had no classes until the late afternoon, so I was spending my time alone at home with only just the TV, the WiFi, and probably last night's leftovers. I planned on just lazing around and do some of my school stuff until I had to go to school. 

And what a pleasant surprise it was when I saw that Ma had prepared me Pork Adobo for lunch. She had cooked it early in the morning before she left for work and told me to EAT. 

What more could I ask for? I had a cup of hot rice (which by the way, has a weird irregular shape on the picture. so sorry for that. HAHAHA) and really goooooood Pork Adobo. 

I was ready to face my day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment