Monday, April 29, 2013

Dressed Up Chops.



Friendate with Christie. 

This time, I ordered District 50's Herbed Pork Chops. 

To say that I was surprised was an understatement. When the dish was served right in front of us, I was taken aback by how LARGE the serving was. 

Two slices of tender porkchops, topped with melted butter and seasoned with ground black pepper. It came with a side of fresh cucumber slaw. 

My first thought was, "Wow. This might taste too oily. With the fat from the porkchop and the melted butter, this might just be a ruined dish." 

But to my astonishment, it was actually pretty GOOD. The melted butter provided the salty kick without turning the dish into a greasy mess. The cucumber slaw went amazingly well with the porkchops and neutralized the explosion of flavors and made you want some more. 

Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment