Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Now Pronounce You . . . the BEST DESSERT PLATE ever made.

I am so proud, so happy, and so thankful that I was a part of probably the most extravagant and lavish wedding reception that I have ever been to. 

Very high-profile guests, impeccable setting of the Radisson Blu Grand Ballroom, the Cebu Philharmonic Band playing at the background, a seriously overpriced photographer, and the highlight of my night, the FOOD. Personally prepared by the family's handpicked chefs straight from Manila. 

There was a beautiful 10-course meal prepared for all the guests. And let me tell you now how sorry I am for not being able to take a picture of each dish. However, I did photograph what turned out to be the best tasting dessert platter that has touched my taste buds. 

Pastry Chef Creation
-Buchi : A traditional Chinese dessert. Crunchy on the outside, but once you break into it, the warm mongo filling just oozes out and greets you with a big smile.
-New York Cheesecake : A classic cheesecake which melts right into your mouth. Topped with the freshest mangoes and sliver of dark chocolate. Divine.
-Pineapple Calamansi Ice Cream : Honestly, I was a bit skeptical about this flavor. I'm not a big fan of either fruits and I just couldn't imagine them combined into one ice cream. But, as it turns out, this flavor was genius. Just the right amount of sweetness mixed with the tangy essence of the fruits. And the waffle crisp that went along with it was just delicious. 



Hands down, the best dessert plate. I just love how East and West collide in this plate to allow the guest to have a very foodgasmic experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment