Sunday, May 5, 2013

Have a Cassava!

3-Day Labor Weekend Sale!

It's Sunday and the last day of the week-long Labor Weekend Sale at SM Consolacion Cebu. The fam and I had just finished grocery shopping and we wanted to get something for dessert. 

We saw the nearby Goldilocks shop, and went in. 

Today was one of the rare occasions where Goldilocks had a freshly-baked Cassava Cake. It was one of my mom's favorites, so she immediately grabbed a box and bought it. HAHA.

Taking a bite, I realized that it has been so long since I last ate a Cassava Cake from Goldilocks. And that I actually missed it! Lol. 

My phone was charging 6 feet away from me so I couldn't get the "whole cake" shot right away. This was what was left of it when I came back. HAHA. Talk about hungry. ;)

It's one of the few authentic Filipino delicacies that I like. Made with grated cassava, coconut milk, eggs, butter, and a secret creamy milk mixture, topped with glazed macapuno or coconut shavings. 

It's sticky. It's sweet. And fun to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment