Thursday, May 2, 2013

Entree of the Night, SNAILS. (California, 2013)

Feeling like a little daredevil today. *wink

Our good friend, Ly, made us some homemade Vietnamese-style SNAILS. It's cooked with coconut milk, bamboo shoots, and other fresh vegetables. 

I was definitely hesitant when I saw the big bowl of creamy snails. For the last 4 years, I used to just see those little slimy critters sloooowly crawling on the ground and on the wall of the University of San Carlos - Talamban. My girlfriends and I even made a habit of threatening them with sodium chloride and make up silly dialogues with our little "snail voices". HAHAHA. We're freaks, I know. Lol.

So, I steeled myself. Picked a snail from the bowl, put it towards my mouth, aaaaand SUCKED. Trust me, I would have poked it out with a toothpick or something but I didn't want to look at the slimy shell-less snail and eat it! It reminded me of some 1-month old fetus or embryo. Ugh. *shudder

Anyway, sucking it out of its shell was the only way. The only freaking way. So, I sucked and expected the worse. But it didn't come! I didn't die, and I actually enjoyed it!

Who knew snails make really good food? HAHA. 


No comments:

Post a Comment